Hi I'm Frances Fu, thanks for you visiting. This is my notes for teaching Chinese at Horace Mann School New York(8th-12th grade). Multiple approaches and tools have been applied.Both traditional and simplified fonts are used; You are very welcome to explore more resources, professional development and current reflections relate to Chinese language teaching and learning.
a. 將選定的詞語字彙(e.g.第二冊第五課) load to http://www.tagxedo.com/ Hint: 每個詞語重複load至少三次以上, 字型較大，也不會以單字呈現。 目的：詞語會以pop up方式呈現，幫助學生辨識字型練習，並同時直接發音以加強印象。 Hint:變換形體及顏色以增加學生觀看時的趣味感。 b. 老師們使用製作好的字雲圖在介紹新的詞彙時有兩個好處： ------字雲圖將這一課的生字生詞做了一個完整的呈現。 ------在網路教室的白板上面顯示時，當滑鼠一掃過某個字詞時，可以直接連結到Google頁面上對於該字詞的解釋及相關圖片資料。 (參考：Using Word Clouds in You Classroom)
· Use a word cloud to introduce a topic - encourage pupils
to guess what they will be learning about. This works for all levels
· If you have an idea of what level of writing pupils want
to be at by the end of a topic, you could use an example text in a word
cloud as an introduction to the topic, but linking it back to the end
activity or referring back to it as the lessons progress. The same could
be done for the whole course.
· Use to analyse the content and summarise a longer written text, especially with exam or higher level groups
· To introduce/memorise new vocabulary/lists
· To encourage pupils to make sentences from the vocabulary learnt, using the word cloud as a visual prompt
· Revision of key topics and vocabulary – pupils can create their own or can be given them
· To teach pupils how to do a presentation without reading from a sheet and just using prompts (useful for oral exams)